These reclaimed oil drum planters are ideal as street barriers (modal filters) to restrict motor vehicle access and help create Low Traffic Neighbourhoods (LTNs). Much more than just a ‘barrier’ – these bring greenery, wildlife and a mental oasis of calmness along with inspiration to get neighbours involved in a mini community garden.
Available to customers UK-wide ready to be filled and planted up (without installation support). In some areas eg within M25, we can provide support to simply install or to install and manage a community engagement project.
- Supplied with 200L of compost
- Waist-high units (850mm height x 600mm diam) can support significant growth of trees and shrubs
- Durable: the structure will last for decades
- Eco: a relatively lightweight, reclaimed material.
- Can be painted however you wish – they come in basic red/blue/green colours.
- Weighing up to 400kg when filled, these can be moved short distances if required, but are heavy enough to deter vandals and block traffic.
- Can also be anchored into pavements using adhesives or fixtures for an extra cost.
- Choice of large or small plants.
- Other container options available.
- Optional extra: trolley base so planter can be moved more easily.
- Quick fix version: Can be supplied with lid and filled with water once in situ for fast street filter solution.
Get in touch today to arrange a free telephone consultation to discuss your specific needs.